The safety of our staff, artisans, visitors and local communities remains our priority. We are therefore continuing to closely follow Government guidance, and have put the following measures in place:
1) Aside from allocated areas for the artisans within the hall and grounds, the majority of the hall and gardens will NOT be open to visitors during the market and will remain closed until further notice.
2) Entry Tickets to the Market
Tickets for both parking and admission are available to pre-book online. Upon purchase, you will then be able to simply present your booking confirmation either on your phone or on a printout, at the ticket office screened window. There will be a limited number of tickets available to ensure social distancing controls.
3) Please be aware that, should the need arise, we will share the data you provide when booking, for the purposes of NHS Trace and Test processes. QR code posters linking to the NHS Covid-19 app will also be displayed around the site. All visitors and artisans are politely requested to scan our QR code on arrival.
4) Essential note: we would politely encourage visitors to wear face masks at this event for the safety of all.
5) There will be a battery operated hand sanitizer station on entry, positioned on the front drive near the Gatehouse with others in multiple locations around the market site.
6) To help keep everyone safe, we request that all visitors continue to follow government advice on social distancing.
9) Our Stableblock and Lower Courtyard toilets shall be in operation, with a strict, monitored, socially-distanced queuing system. Shared hand towels and air hand dryers are being withdrawn in favour of paper towels in both visitor and staff facilities. The toilets shall be cleaned throughout the day.
10) Public information posters have been placed in all toilets and at hand washing stations.
11) Covid-secure first aid will be available to all visitors, staff and artisans.
12) Due to Covid practicalities we regret that the accessibility buggy will not be available during this event.
13) No alcohol will be served in our street food area, to ensure adherence to government regulations.
14) We ask that if you, or anyone in your party, are showing signs of Coronavirus, or have been in contact with anyone who has the virus in the last 14 days, that you do not join us on this occasion. Please be aware that we shall be conducting temperature checks at the main gate.
15) Finally, in case of any last-minute changes to this Mercatum Autumn Artisan Market, we suggest you check our website before you visit.