Parlour/Dining Room

The Parlour was created in about 1500 by Henry Vernon, and panelled in 1545, resulting in a perfect Tudor room. The ceiling is plaster, painted with the Tudor Rose and Talbot Dogs, the emblem of Anne Talbot, the wife of Henry Vernon. 

 The panelling shows the Boar's Head Crest and armourial shields of many generations of the Vernon family. Notice the royal coat of arms and the motto 'Drede God and honor the Kyng', over the fireplace. 

 The table is a 20th Century copy of the ancient table in the Great Hall.