The Chapel

Dedicated to St Nicholas, this was originally the parish church for Nether Haddon.  The chapel has important 15th century wall paintings, and an early 15th century Nottingham alabaster reredos. The East Window carries the date 1427, and marks the extension of the Chapel by Richard Vernon VII at that time.  In the nave is a monument to Lord Haddon, who died aged 9, in 1894.  It was designed by his mother, Violet, Duchess of Rutland.