Originally built in about 1370, these kitchens and the Banqueting Hall are the oldest part of the domestic building.
A sloping passage leads down to the kitchens, which have been preserved much as they would have been 500 years ago. There are three separate areas for butchery, baking and cooking. Stone bread ovens, chopping blocks, and water troughs are still in place.
This is one of the best preserved Tudor kitchens, and is still used by the Tudor Group of historians when they visit the hall.